In everythingabouthospptality.in I cover the almost all Job Description of Hotel staff including the Housekeeping, Front Office, Food & Beverage and Food Production.
In this article I cover the Job Description of and Duties and Responsibilities of Reservation Assistant in Front office department.
Who is Reservation Assistant in Front Office ?
A reservation assistant in the front office is a hotel employee who is responsible for handling reservations, both online and over the phone. They typically work in a centralized reservation department, but they may also be located at the front desk.
Job Description of Reservation Assistant
|Job Title||Reservation Assistant|
|Reports To||Reservation Manager, Front Office Manager|
Reservation assistants process the reservation requests that reach the hotel by any mode— Telephonic, written, or online Depending on the availability of a desired room type, they confirm, put on waitlist, or deny a reservation request. They are the sales persons of the hotel and may practice their skills of salesmanship by suggesting higher room categories, and also selling other hotel services like spa, speciality restaurants, etc to guests at the time of receiving the reservation request.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To receive and process the reservation requests of future guests.
- Maintain reservation records by completing reservation forms, sending reservation confirmation or amendment letters, and updating the status of rooms after processing each reservation request ie, confirmation, amendment, and cancellation).
- Process reservations from the sales offices, other departments of the hotel, travel agents, tour operators, and corporate booking agents.
- Communicate the reservation information to the reception.
- Prepare the expected arrival list and the expected departure list every day.
- Resolve any issues that may arise with reservations.
- To fill the registration cards of guests that are expected to arrive each day (using the information available from reservation forms and guest history cards), and to send this information to front desk.
- To prepare a guest folder and to keep the mails and messages of guests with reservation documents.
- Maintain accurate records of all reservations.
- promote goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and fellow employees.
High school diploma or equivalent.
1-2 years of experience in a customer service or reservation-related role.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Knowledge of hotel reservation systems.