Public areas – Public areas are ‘front of the house’ areas such as the entrance, lobby, guest corridors, & so on.
Job description of Public Area Supervisor
|Job Title||Public area Supervisor|
|Reports to||Assistant Housekeeper|
|Supervises||Housekeeping employees allotted to his/her area of activity.|
|Co-ordinates with||Front Office, Engineering, Laundry, F&B Outlets|
Duties and responsibilities of public area Supervisor
- Ensure that all public areas and other functional areas are kept clean at all times.
- Organize special cleaning of public areas e.g. chandelier cleaning etc.
- Ensure that flower arrangements are placed in appropriate places in the public areas.
- Ensure that banquet halls and conference halls are kept ready for functions and conferences.
- Ensure that all maintenance jobs are attended to in coordination with the maintainace department.
- Train new recruits.
- Submit performance appraisal for staff working under his control.
- Take care of safety and security systems in public areas e.g. fire alarms, fire extinguishers etc.
- Check and control equipment used in public areas to ensure that they are used properly.
- Take briefing of staff working under him.
- Any other job assigned to him/her by the Assistant Housekeeper.