Job Title Night Supervisor Reports to Assistance Housekeeper Responsible for Proper functioning of housekeeping department during night. Supervises All night staff engaged in the cleaning of public areas and
guestrooms in the hotel.
Co-ordinates with All working staff at night in front-office, engineering,
security, lobby manager, room service.
Duties and responsibilities of Night Supervisor
- Check the log book and follow up any special instructions left by evening shift.
- Conduct briefing at the beginning of the shift and check proper grooming of staff.
- Ensure that all public areas are thoroughly cleaned at night, which is the only time when traffic is low.
- Clear departure rooms to the front office if necessary.
- Prepare Housekeeper report for the front office.
- Inspect VIP rooms and ensure that the room attendant has followed the procedure set in case of VIPs arrivals at Night.
- Plan the order of work according to priority and direct the staff accordingly.
- Make sure that departure rooms are serviced and made ready as soon as possible in order that reception may re-let at any time.
- Organize special cleaning of rooms as required.
- Records all lost and found items and follow the procedure.
- Anticipate guest’s requirements at all times, thereby ensuring comfort and satisfaction.
- See that all lost and found articles are deposited with the control desk.
- Ensure the submission of room attendant’s reports and the room status report.
- Help with the training of staff.
- Report any safety and security hazards.
- Key control on night.
- Any other job assigned to him/her by the Assistant Housekeeper.
Interview Questions for Night Supervisor
- Do you know anyone who works with our company?
- What steps do you follow to study a problem before making a decision?
- Have you done this kind of work before?
- How did you prepare for this work?
- What quality of yours or personal trait matters the most in your careers?
- What kind of events cause you stress on the job?
- Describe a time you were faced with stresses which tested your skills?