A linen supervisor in the hotel who is the who cordinate the all the linen in the hotel so the in this post I will share you job description of linen room supervisor.
|Job Title||Linen Room Supervisor/Linen Keeper.|
|Reports to||Assistant Housekeeper|
|Supervises||Linen room attendants and helpers|
Duties & responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the entire hotel’s linen.
- Send dirty linen to the laundry after checking them piece by piece.
- Check laundered linen before giving it for ironing.
- Hand over linen to the various departments on presentation of vouchers signed by the heads of the respective departments.
- Put away linen neatly once it has been washed, ironed and mended.
- Check periodically the condition of hotel linen.
- Maintain a register of linen movements and check the linen regularly.
- Ensure that the linen room is kept neat and clean.
- Look after the ironing and laundering of guests’ clothes and the uniform of the hotel staff.
- Supervise the work of the linen attendants and tailors.
- Co-ordinate closely with laundry department to ensure timely supply of fresh linen.
- Make suggestions relating to replacement purchases.
- Train the staff to perform their duties effectively and efficiently.
- Help in condemnation of linen.
- Take periodical inventory of linen in the linen room.
- Devise and maintain an effective control system to issue clean linen.
- Any other related work as may be assigned to him/her from time to time by Assistant Housekeeper.
You may also like Different types of Linen in Hotel
Skills and Quality
Computer Knowledge like knowledge about excel etc.
Good knowledge about Cleaning
Good memory power
You need to complete Bsc in Hospitality or Diploma in hospitality management or any vacational training in Housekeeping.
You have 4 to 5 year experience in Hospitality sector in linen department then you will apply for this job.