Generally hotels employee one room maid per 12-15 rooms.
The room attendants’/maids’ work is of great importance because it contributes in a big way to the comfort of guests and hence, their impression of the hotel.
Their day consists of servicing each room to the required standard of the hotel, and this includes making beds, coping with linen supplies, and general cleaning.
Nowadays, most hotels use the term ‘attendant’ rather than ‘maid’ since men have entered this arena earlier dominated by women.
Job description of GRA
|Job Title||Guestroom Attendant / Room Maid / Chamber Maid|
|Reports to||Floor supervisor (or the night supervisor in case of night room attendants).|
|Supervises||Housemen & Trainees|
|Co-ordinates with||Housekeeping Control Desk, laundry, Room service, Engineering|
Duties and Responsibilities of GRA
- Clean and tidy rooms as per the sanitary regulations assigned.
- Change guestroom and bathroom linen.
- Make guestroom beds.
- Replenish guest supplies.
- Be responsible for getting guest laundry processed.
- Hand over lost and found articles to Supervisor.
- Report missing or broken hotel property to the floor supervisor.
- Maintain a polite, dignified and helpful attitude towards the guests.
- Replenish maid’s cart/maid’s trolley with guest supplies, detergents and linen
- Change the water glasses daily and fill the water flasks.
- Attend daily briefing.
- Turn down beds in the evening and draw the curtains.
- Count soiled linen and hand over to laundry and count the fresh ones.
- Check that all bulbs and switches are working, in case of defect or fuse, report the same to the floor supervisor.
- Make physical check of rooms for preparing the housekeeping occupancy list.
- Return keys to the housekeeping department before going off duty.
- Prepare room checklist
- Any other job assigned to him/her by the Floor Supervisor.
Intermediate or high school preferred
Sometime the room attendant not even educated but they are little bit trainee for work in Housekeeping.
Skills and Quality
- They have ability to work flexible working hours.
- Should be able to converse in English.
- Experience using heavy cleaning equipment and cleaning products.
- They should physical mobility and stamina.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Professional and polite
- Sharp memory and right attitude has advantages.
Previous guest service and housekeeping experience.
Age limit should be 20 to 30 years.