|Job title||Executive Chef|
|Division||Food and beverage (F&B)|
|Reports to||F&B manager/General Manager|
An Executive Chef is the commander of kitchen, he cordinates the kitchen staff and manages the preparation of meals. Below are the job description of Executive chef.
Duties and responsibilities of Executive Chef
- Drive the vision and the goal of the company and also look out for ways to achieve them by working as a team player.
- Always lead by example, adopting a positive attitude to keep the team spirit as its highest level.
- Greet with smile, colleagues and guests at any time or place within the hotel, whether the hotel, whether front or back of the house.
- Develop and define quality standards of food preparation and presentation.
- Define the organization of work within the department including assignment, time schedules and vacations of staff.
- Ensure the quality of food preparation and presentation as per organizations standards.
- Cordinate with engineering department to carry out preventive maintenance programme in kitchen.
- An executive chef plans menus, creates daily and weekly specials menu for functions and determines portions sizes, before and after meals
- Executive chef oversees prepration work and ensure that all meals leaving the kitchen are consistent in presentation and quality.
- The executive chef will train and manage kitchen personnel and supervise/cordinate all related culinary activities.
- Ensure that safety standards and sanitary requirements are met each and everyday.
- The executive chef is help to engineering department to any work not done in kitchen.
- Responsible for the hygiene and cleanlines of the kitchen areas, equipment and staff.
- Analyse and monitor costs to ensure high profitability on a regular basis and initiate corrective action whenever necessary.
- Be responsible for storage of raw and cooked/raw material as per international standards.
- Provide a career development and succession planning for subordinate through training.
- Maintain good relationship with other departments specialy with f & b department.
- Hard Work
- Good communication skills
- Passion towards works
Must have passout from any Hotel management college of 3 year degree programme.
You can see Top Hotel Management Colleges in Mumbai
- Tell me about an important goal that you set in the past?
- What kind of situations do you find most successful?
- What you have learned from mistakes on the job?
- Has anything ever irritated you about people you have worked with?
- Do you have any question for me?