An executive housekeeper is a professional who is responsible for managing the housekeeping staff and overseeing the cleanliness and maintenance of a hotel, resort, or other type of lodging facility.
They typically report to the general manager and are responsible for setting housekeeping standards, training and supervising staff, and ensuring that guest rooms and public areas are kept clean and well-maintained. They may also be responsible for managing budgets and ordering supplies, as well as developing and implementing policies and procedures for the housekeeping department. In some cases, an executive housekeeper may also be responsible for managing laundry and linen operations.
|Job Description||Executive Housekeeper|
|Reports to||General Manager, The Resident Manager, The room Division Manager|
|Responsible for||All Housekeeping staff, Standard of work & upkeep of Housekeeping Equipment.|
|Co-ordinate with||Food & Beverage Manager, Front office Manager, Night Manager & Laundry Manager.|
Duties and Responsibilities of Executive Housekeeper
- The Executive Housekeeper responsible for Organize, supervise and cordinate the work of Housekeeping personnel, on a day to day basis.
- Ensure excellence in Housekeeping sanitation, safety, comfort and easthetics for hotel guests.
- Draw up duty roaster and supervise the discipline and conduct for his staff.
- Assure proper communication within the department by conducting regular meetings with all personnel.
- Participate in all head department meetings.
- Hire new employees, warn employees when hotel policies are violated and discharge employees when necessary.
- Counsel employees on various duties and on work related issues.
- Motivate his staff and keep their morale high.
- Establish and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for cleaning and to initiate new procedure to increase the efficiency of labour and product use.
- Search constantly for and test new technology and products.
- Maintain an inventory of the furniture, linen and movable equipment in the rooms and related premises and to ensure they are regularly checked.
- Organize maintenance and repair of guestrooms.
- Deal with article that guest may have left behind in room.
- Ensure the provision of proper uniforms for the hotel staff.
- Ensure the observance of hygiene and safety precautions.
- Offer suggestions to the human resource department (HR Department) concerning selection, recruitment, placement and so on.
- Evaluate employees in order to upgrade them when opening arise.
- Organise and supervise on the job and off the job training of staff.
- Any other job assigned by General manager time to time.
- Prepare the annual Housekeeping budget for submission to the General Manager.
- Be responsible for the re-decoration and refurbishing of rooms, lobby and so on.
- Checked the reports filed and the registered maintained.
- Liaise between the maintenance and housekeeping department.
- Inspect and approve all supply requisition for the Housekeeping department and to maintain par stock, inventory control procedures for all materials.
These are the duties and responsibilities of Executive HouseKeeper now we will discuss criteria to become the Executive HouseKeeper.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- A university degree or college diploma in hotel management or business administration is usually required.
- Extensive experience as a cleaning supervisor may substitute for formal education requirements.
- Knowledge of computers would be compulsory an additionally qualification in interior designing would be an advantage.
- Strong leadership abilities and organization skills.
- Think out of the box and able to drive change and look for operational efficiencies.
- Synergies across the network.
- Successful pre-opening experience holds on advantages.
- Awareness about new technology and products related to Housekeeping knowledge of purchase specification of the HK articles.
- Knowledge of financial statements and budgets.
- Effective communication
- Pleasing personality
- Physical fitness
- Highest grooming and personal hygiene standards.
- Able to think outside the box.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience as a housekeeping supervisor of which at least 2 to 3 years as an assistant Housekeeper.
- Strong operation/Technical knowledge.
- Successful pre-opening experience and records a distinct advantage.
The age limit used to be a criterion for the post of executive housekeeper but this factor no longer be significant.
Today there are successful executive housekeepers as young as in their mid-20s.
It’s depends on individuals performance, efficiency, effectiveness and productivity.
The personality of a person is an innate quality that directs all their activities. Besides being a good manager a housekeeper should be an effective leader who can motivate and inspire his/her personnel.
Emphasis is on the housekeepers intelligence, emotional and spiritual quotients. Below I will share you in detail analysis of personality analysis for Executive housekeeper.
There are several personality traits that can be helpful for an executive housekeeper to have in order to be successful in their role. These may include:
Attention to detail: An executive housekeeper needs to be able to pay close attention to details in order to ensure that the facility is clean and well-maintained.
Organizational skills: This position requires strong organizational skills in order to manage a team and keep track of budgets, supplies, and schedules.
Leadership skills: An executive housekeeper will need to be able to lead and motivate their team in order to ensure that all tasks are completed efficiently and to a high standard.
Communication skills: Good communication skills are important in this role, as an executive housekeeper will need to be able to effectively communicate with their team and with other departments.
Customer service skills: An executive housekeeper should have excellent customer service skills, as they may be called upon to assist guests with any issues or concerns they may have.
Salary of Housekeeper Executive
The salary range of an Executive Housekeeper can vary depending on several factors, including experience, location, and the size and type of employer. In general, Executive Housekeepers can expect to earn a salary of $45,000 to $67,000 per year in the United States. However, some Executive Housekeepers may earn as much as $74,000 per year.
Below I will give the breakdown of the average salary for Executive Housekeepers by experience:
- Less than 5 years of experience: $45,000 to $55,000 per year
- 5 to 10 years of experience: $50,000 to $60,000 per year
- 10 to 15 years of experience: $55,000 to $65,000 per year
- More than 15 years of experience: $60,000 to $74,000 per year